It is such a delight to introduce Michelle Larmand Photography to you today with a Five Top Five post. We’ve featured a number of Michelle’s weddings and engagement sessions, most of which were instant faves – you can see all of those posts here. Check out her picks for some of her favourite vendors to work with in their hood (the area northeast of Edmonton), and some great advice for making a wedding unique. Enjoy!
My name is Michelle Larmand and my husband and I (pictured above) are wedding photographers in the Edmonton area! I’ve always loved photography since childhood. Then, as an adult, when I started traveling (my other passion), my love for the art grew even more. During our travels, I always enjoyed documenting and telling stories through my images. My husband would journal and I would always photograph. Then around 7.5 years ago I was inspired by my own wedding photographer, so when we relocated to St. Paul from Edmonton after we got married I decided it was time to take the leap and started my own business shooting my first wedding for a family friend. My husband Shane is my second shooter and we are so proud of our team.
Top 5 things I love about my job…
– Having an inside glimpse into my clients love story
– Doing what I love to do as a career
– Working with incredible people whether that’s a client or another vendor
– Going to new locations all the time, I love exploring!
Ways to make a wedding unique..
– Carve out some time during your day where it is just the two of you with your photographer and try not to worry about what comes next in your agenda, getting your dress dirty or being able to relax for the camera. Lose yourself a little in the moment because after all it’s an incredibly special day by trusting your photographer, you chose them for a reason.
– Infuse your wedding with your personalities and interests so when you look back at the day it really reflects you as a couple. This will make the day that much more about your story.
– Find photo locations that mean something special to you as a couple. This will help with authentic reactions and emotions.
– Do prepare for the weather and for when hunger strikes. Make sure you have something amazing to wear if it’s cold out and protection from the rain. Also pack some emergency snacks, the day can be long and supper can seem far away, keep your energy going and you’ll enjoy the day that much more.
– Be selective in your guest list and your bridal party list. Choose the people that are most supportive and helpful when it comes to your bridal party. For the guest list, less people to thank and chat with that day can lead to more quality time with your guests that day.
Top 5 wedding vendors we love working with…
– The King Size Players – my husband’s School of Rock project – seriously unique!
– BR Films
Top 5 favourite things to do when I’m not shooting…
– yoga or spin class
– drinking wine and eating great food
– hanging out with my husband and family playing board games