Today’s post was written by Sheri Colautti of Capture It! Photography, who’s an Edmonton wedding photographer with a huge heart, and talent to match. Here’s her review of Hastings Lake Gardens, a popular outdoor wedding venue near Edmonton.
Located East of Sherwood Park, just off of Highway 14, you will find the ever-popular Hastings Lake Gardens. The venue is a successful family-run business. No matter the season, the location has something to offer everyone. There are a variety of locations and backgrounds available for weddings including a gazebo surrounded by beautiful blooms as well as a vintage church. No matter what you are looking for, the gardens are a stunning choice for the perfect wedding.
- Options for an outdoor gazebo wedding for up to 200 guests or alternately an indoor vintage church with pew seating for up to 100.
Pricing ranges from $1300 – $2100 for a 3-hour booking.
- Located roughly 40 minutes east of the city.
The outdoor gazebo is surrounded by beautiful gardens and is a serene location. The gardens are taken care of by the entire family and are well groomed and manicured as well offer a beautiful and colourful background for your wedding. In case of inclement weather tents are included for the guest area. There is a private indoor location where the bride can wait for the wedding to start. This spot is perfect for those looking for the perfect outdoor wedding.
The vintage church location is nestled further in to the property. The church is surrounded by nature; as well there are some vintage vehicles in the vicinity. The area surrounding the church area offers a stunning background and location for photos. This area is perfect for those maybe looking for a vintage or rustic look as well as an intimate wedding.
Capacity & Features:
The gazebo setting fits up to 200 guests and the church fits up to 100. Your booking includes a 3 hour allotted time slot. All inclusive packaging includes pew markers, seating set up and take down, parking for all guests, as well as a stereo system and microphone.
What we Love?
- As a photographer I love the options and choices for photo locations. If it’s raining they will allow you to take photos inside the greenhouse area.
- All-inclusive packages.
- Supporting a local family run business.
- Beautiful location for an outdoor wedding
What we don’t like:
- It would be nice if it wasn’t so far from the city limits as you may be limited in travel time and reception locations.
- Some days have 4 weddings booked; this can cause problems with parking and timing.
Overall, I think Hastings Lake Gardens is a magical place and offers a great location for an outdoor or alternately an indoor wedding. The fact that the capacity is 200 for the outdoor location and everything is taken care of adds to a stress free day for the Bride and Groom. Even though it is a bit of a drive outside of the city there is a reason the gardens are a popular wedding venue location.