Nav and Surinder held an incredibly beautiful wedding that included a week of festivities spent with family and friends. There is such a tangible feeling of joy that runs through all of these images, we just can’t help but smile!
Zokah was on hand to capture all of the different ceremonies in photos and video, so before you take in all of the images, first watch the highlight reel below!
All images and video by Zokah
Now, let’s hear more about their relationship and how everything played out on the big day!
How did you and your partner meet?
At a mutual friend’s birthday party. Neither of us had gotten her a gift, so we went together to Build-a-Bear and we built her a bear that we named SurNav. We’ve been calling ourselves that ever since! We didn’t start dating until 4 years later, but I remember thinking at Build-a-Bear that he was somebody that I could definitely see myself with <3
Who proposed to who and how did it happen!?
One night while we were on the phone, I asked him to marry me. He said no and started laughing at me, and didn’t believe me when I said I was serious. 4 years later he took me skydiving, and when we landed he asked me to marry him and gave me the ring! He had pre-arranged it with the skydiving place, so we have it all on video, too! He capped off the day with lunch at my favorite restaurant, and horseback riding followed by a romantic dinner at a ranch.
How were you feeling the morning before your wedding?
Surinder: I wasn’t feeling nervous, and I wasn’t feeling not-nervous. I would say I was anxiously excited. I was trying to stay in the moment of it being the last single day of my life, but it was hard to believe that I was getting married tomorrow, and I couldn’t digest that such an incredible moment was about to happen until I got to the Gurdwara and saw my wife at the alter. That was when it all fell into place.
Nav: I was so excited, but also very nervous because I was gonna be moving to Calgary right after the wedding. I also had a lot of stage-fright, I was more anxious about all of our guests watching me than of the wedding itself! Mostly, I was happy that this moment had finally come. Once I walked to the altar and the ceremony began, all of my nerves were gone and I was content 🙂
What was your favourite part of your wedding day or the entire process of planning your wedding?
Our favourite moments were:
– Walking around the altar for the fourth round, because this is the portion of the ceremony where we are officially married
– Seeing each other as a bride and a groom for the first time
– Exchanging our wedding rings
– Being with our family and friends
– Taking photos
– Negotiating at the door of Nav’s house
Is there any shout outs that you would like to give to any of the vendors that made your day everything you dreamed of?
There are three main vendors that we felt elevated our wedding experience:
– Zokah Productions. They were great at making us feel comfortable, were warm and friendly with all of our guests, and greatly helped us keep the day moving on time 🙂
– Amanda Bhullar-Gill did my bridal hair and makeup, and also my hair/makeup for the reception, and my husband’s hair for the reception. She did an amazing job, and was wonderful at keeping me calm, stress-free, and laughing on the morning of my wedding. She got us off to a great start 🙂
– Divinity Productions did the DJing for the reception. They went above and beyond to make sure the reception went the way we wanted it to, and even spent many hours meeting with my husband on the sly in order to pull off an amazing surprise performance for me at the reception! They were wonderful 🙂
Who were all of the vendors that helped your day?
Photography + Videography: Zokah Productions
Hair + Makeup: Amanda Bhullar-Gill
DJ: Divinity Productions
Cake: Triple L Cakes
Venue: Mirage Banquet Hall
Photobooth + Limo: Revolution Entertainment
Venue: Maharaja Banquet Hall
Decor: Pure Elegance
Flowers: Flowers By Merle