Edmonton wedding photographer Nathan Walker is stirring up social media with one heck of a giveaway. He’s giving away full wedding photography coverage plus wedding day makeup by his makeup artist wife, Brandi of Be Glamorous! We are no strangers to Nathan’s work and we think the people that walk away with this prize will be one lucky couple! The contest is happening exclusively on his Instagram account, so head over there by clicking here to enter. You can also check out Nathan’s website here.
On the off chance you aren’t already a fan of Nathan Walker Photography, we’re so happy to introduce him to you with a Five Top Five, and a selection of his beautiful imagery. Enjoy!
Now, on with the interview!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do in the Edmonton wedding world!
I am a wedding photographer, and have been now for 8 years. I currently work as a graphic designer as well, so when I’m not stuck behind a computer, you’ll find me shooting weddings on the weekend, and portraits in the evenings! I love shooting in new locations and destinations too. There’s so much I want to accomplish and achieve as a wedding photographer, and Edmonton is the perfect place to start.
Top five things you love about your job…
– Spending my day with the two happiest people in the world!
– I am always getting to try new things and meet new people
– Travelling to new locations and places to photograph my clients
– I get to express my creativity through the photos I take
– Every different event throughout the wedding day is beautiful and exciting
Top five ways to make a wedding unique…
– Try and incorporate the couples interests and/or hobbies when shooting
– Stay on top of current trends
– Always be yourself… don’t try to be someone you’re not
– Draw inspiration from everywhere and everything
– Avoid cliché locations!
Top five Edmonton wedding vendors that you love working with…
Top five places to eat in Edmonton…
Top five best things about living in Edmonton…
– We’re big enough to be a city, but small enough to still care about one another
– The wedding industry here in Edmonton is so supportive and encouraging – I don’t view any other photographers as “competition”
– There’s always lots of excitement and growth – we’re a future-conscious city
– We’re a short drive away to the beautiful Rocky Mountains
– The support for small business owners is phenomenal
Like what you see? Go enter the contest on Nathan’s Instagram here.