Katie and Angela of Ava Sophia Weddings and Events are lovely ladies with a host of amazing wedding decor items, from luxurious backdrops to silk flower arrangements. We’re so happy to introduce them to you today, and give you a chance to get to know them a little better with their five top five!
Tell us a little bit about yourself & what you do in the edmonton wedding world!
Angela and I teamed up last summer to combine her wedding rentals experience with my marketing and business owner background. We offer decor packages to Edmonton couples, love traveling for Rocky Mountain weddings, and enjoy hearing “Wow!” each time a couple sees their fully decorated venue for the first time.
Top five best things about your job:
– Creativity and constantly evolving trends
– All the love going around on our clients’ wedding day
– Independence/entrepreneurial spirit
– Transforming a venue through hard work
– Sourcing the latest trends
Top five edmonton wedding vendors you love working with:
Top five ways to make a wedding unique:
– Infuse their personal story in details.
– Do the opposite of current trends.
– Draw inspiration from art, movies, songs, stories/books.
– Research weddings in far-off places, use elements of their culture/religion.
– Use your own personality and tastes because that’s what makes each vendor unique – the people behind the business!
Top five best things about living in Edmonton:
– Small enough to get well known as a business quickly, while big enough to prosper.
– Very supportive entrepreneurial culture.
– You can get to know almost everyone of your peers easily and quickly!
– Due to snow, we are forced to be creative and celebrate what we’ve got!
– Always growing and evolving.
Top five things to do in Edmonton:
– Walk your dog in the sunshine.
– Farmer’s markets.
– Attend events.
– Eat at independent restaurants.
– Start a business.
Well we think the ladies behind Ava Sophia Weddings are pretty awesome, how about you? You can learn more about their offerings in our Vendor Directory here. Check out their website here, or say hi on Twitter or Facebook!