all images by Christine Wills Photography
i was first introduced to Christine when she submitted the Alice in Wonderland-inspired collaborative shoot that she was part of, and i loved her work on that project (and apparently, so did you – the post is already one of our most-viewed). i am now excited to help you get to know her better through this interview! enjoy!
tell us a little bit about yourself & what you do in the edmonton wedding world!
I started my photography company in Edmonton in 2009 – I was still in university and wondering what life would look like after graduation, but knew that I had a passion for photographing people and wanted to make it work. After several years of hard work, lots of learning, and some fabulous people supporting me, I hit my stride and decided to specialize in wedding photography. I would describe my style as creative photojournalism – I really love telling the story of the couple and of the wedding day, in a genuine, artistic way. My couples are all so different, each wedding is very unique and wonderful, and keeps my job interesting and engaging – pun intended!
top five best things about your job:
– I get to be both an artist and a business person
– Every day of work is different
– I meet so many interesting people!
– Wedding cake
– Capturing and preserving people’s memories!
top five edmonton wedding vendors you love working with:
for photographers: top five things to do when you’re not taking photos:
– Edit, edit, and edit
– Obsess over my website
– Drink coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day long
– Take pictures of my dog
– Online shopping
top five ways to make a wedding unique:
– Focus on your ‘thing’ as a couple – even if its weird or small, like a tv show
– Take care of your guests – think about what your friends and family like to do and put your own spin on it
– Go non-traditional in some aspects (catering by your favourite fast food place, for example)
– Make the reception interactive, so people aren’t sitting in their chairs all evening
– Be yourself!
top five things to do in edmonton: