i’m absolutely tickled pink to introduce you to this lovely lady, Anika Loewen of Anika Loewen Design. Anika is fun, helpful, and a total cheerleader of all things edmonton and weddings! a regular during #yegweddinghour and one of edmonton’s fantastic wedding stationery designers, Anika shares a bit more about herself and her favourite things about working in the edmonton wedding industry below. enjoy!
all images below by FO Photography
tell us a little bit about yourself & what you do in the edmonton wedding world!
my name is anika. in addition to being a freelance wedding stationery designer, i am a musical theatre enthusiast and a lover of all things coffee. choral music, photography, cooking and babying my herb garden are activities i enjoy in my spare time. i have over 7 years of freelance design and printshop experience and added wedding stationery to my design repertoire in 2013. since that time it has become my primary freelance focus.
top five best things about your job:
• i get to be ultra girly
• two words = coloured paper
• my clients are all unique, no two jobs are identical
• the edmonton wedding community is such a supportive bunch! there are so many other vendors with whom I love to work
• seeing my client’s eyes light up when the final product is delivered, and knowing that it exceeded their expectations
top five edmonton wedding vendors you love working with:
there are so many that i adore working with! so here are 5 (in alphabetical order because I can’t pick a favourite!)
top five ways to make a wedding unique:
• make it your own; trust yourself to make decisions based on what YOU want. after all, it is your day 🙂
• then work closely with your wedding professionals who will help you to reach your goal.
• look online for inspiration, but be sure to add your own special flair to the ideas you find on various sites
• don’t be scared to be adventurous with your style; want to try a hot new colour? rock it! love a texture? do it!
• don’t sweat the small stuff. honestly, it will all work out!
top five best things about living in edmonton:
• we are the festival capital. i love experiencing all of the festivities!
• we have so many opportunities to see live concerts, plays and sporting events (even IF our teams aren’t doing so well).
• river valley, Fort Edmonton Park and the legislative grounds
• all of the farmers markets in the summer!
• the food options. seriously. so much good food.
top five things to do in edmonton:
• hit up a unique restaurant in edmonton. The Next Act, Meat, Remedy Cafe and the Cactus Club Cafe are a few of my favourites.
• take a walk in the river valley. we have some of the most beautiful trails that are so easily accessible all over edmonton.
• get my namaste on with a hot yoga class.
• sit on a patio with friends and enjoy a beverage
• BBQ or sit around a campfire