having a photobooth at your wedding has become so popular in edmonton that i’d say it’s more likely to see a wedding with a photobooth than it is to see one without one! however, with everything from small booths like you used to cram all of your friends into in West Edmonton Mall, to open-concept booths facilitated by your wedding photographer – it can be pretty hard to know which style to choose.
what it is:
Ready, Set, Booth is an open-concept booth with an easy touch-screen operation. a backdrop and the usual silly props are provided, as well as a staff member to operate the booth.
what we liked:
– we loved the open concept of the booth. the unit that holds the camera, touch-screen and flash is more compact and minimal-looking than others we’ve used, and we liked that it didn’t take up that much room at our event.
– there were lots of backdrops to choose from, and we were sent photos of each to make our decision. we ended up using a feature wall at our venue for the photos (below), but the options we had to choose from were pretty cool, and we would’ve been happy with any of them.
– the clarity and quality of photos was pretty impressive – the type of flash used for this booth was indirect, and resulted in a much nicer look than the harsh lighting i’ve seen with other booths. the digital images that were sent after the event were definitely good enough quality to be printed.
– we received access to an online gallery of the photos less than 24 hours after our event – the quick delivery was a nice surprise!
– this is not the ‘typical’ photobooth concept. some people equate a photobooth with an actual enclosed booth, and this just doesn’t fit the bill.
would we recommend Ready, Set, Booth for your wedding?
absolutely! it was a ton of fun, and all of the reasons we listed above make it a favourite booth of those we’ve used so far. here are some of our fave photos from our event: