– it’s a great weekend for live music in edmonton, with the likes of Rise Against, The Arctic Monkeys and Tegan & Sara converging at Sonic 102.9’s Sonic Boom festival from friday through sunday. our top pick for the weekend is the stripped-down, shockingly-simple-yet-astounding sounds of Jack White, who will be playing on august 31. however, if you’d prefer a music date that’s guaranteed to include glitter, technicolor costumes, and hordes of teenagers, you can always go see Katy Perry, who will be playing just across the road from Jack White at Rexall Place on sunday night.
– all summer, the Devonian Botanic Garden has been running a Date Night series. this thursday is the last installment, and in my opinion, the best: they’re playing Ferris Beuller’s Day Off on the big screen!
– on friday, saturday and sunday, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is hosting three free events, including two shows of ‘Disney In Concert’, which sounds like it’ll be a blast. for a sweet-sounding date under the stars, check out Symphony In The City.
– it’s also the last weekend for Odysseo, the acrobatic equestrian performance that has been getting rave reviews all summer.
– last but not least, a group of creative and dedicated individuals have created Night Market Edmonton – a collection of food trucks, artisans, crafters and more. hosted in Beaverhill House Park on the corner of Jasper Ave and 104 street, this is a great way to welcome the weekend in the heart of edmonton’s downtown nightlife. don’t miss out – this friday is the last Night Market for 2014!
is there anything we missed? super excited for one of these events? let us know in the comments!