– love it or hate it, country music is a thing that happens. this is alberta. i still have quite the soft spot for the good ol’ country music of the nineties – and let’s be honest, you probably do too. well, it’s time to embrace it: john michael montgomery is playing at the River Cree Resort & Casino on August 23. could be a sweet date night, no? yeglive has more info.
there has been a buzz of spanish words about social media lately, because not one, but two exciting new mexican restaurants have opened in edmonton:
– Rostizado: the creators of the mega-popular Tres Carnales have launched a new venture in the Mercer Building, serving up platters of slow-roasted goodness and cocktails galore. i haven’t been just yet, but if the food is anything like that at Tres Carnales, i’m sure it will not disappoint.
– El Cortez: south of the river, El Cortez Tequila Bar + Kitchen is the latest addition to the whyte ave/old strathcona food and nightlife scene. nestled next to the Old Strathcona Farmers Market, and just a stones throw off whyte ave, i’ve been peeking through the windows in anticipation for the last few months. i can’t wait to go try something from their extensive drink menu, and check out the mexico-meets-punk-rock decor. definitely hit this place up for a date in the near future!
– allow us to state the obvious: the Fringe festival is happening! whether you check out one of the many stage shows, or simply wander Old Strathcona taking in the atmosphere and street performers (not to mention the amazeballs street food vendors), it’s definitely a good way to spend the evening with someone you love. don’t miss out – the fringe ends on sunday!
– VIVE Italian Festival (Viva Italia Viva Edmonton) is on this sunday, at Giovanni Cabato park. with entertainment, fashion, family activities and plenty of food, this sounds like it’s going to be an amazing day! check out the website for more details here.
– last but not least: lasers. Telus World Of Science has two laser shows that run until the end of this month, and they’re less than $10 per person to check out. do it! because…. lasers. more info here!
is there anything we missed? super excited for one of these events? let us know in the comments!