– Time to put on your ripped jeans and flannel shirt – 90s alt rocker Matt Good is in town on Thursday, July 3. The show is at The Ranch, so we’d recommend catching dinner on Whyte and then listening to Big Shiny Tunes 2 in the car on the way to the show, just to get in the mood.
– One of the most well-known of all of Edmonton’s summer offerings starts on Friday, July 4: Edmonton Street Performers Festival. Grab dinner at nearby Woodwork, Tres Carnales or Craft Beer Market, then pop over to Sir Winston Churchill Square to catch one of 1500 outdoor performances during the week-long festival.
– Sand on Whyte starts on July 4, with artists from around the world flocking to the corner of Whyte Ave and Gateway Boulevard (just north of MKT) to create incredible sand sculptures. Hey, it might be the closest you get to a beach within Edmonton…
– Head over to the Royal Alberta Museum on July 5 for MuseumAfterDark – this annual event features a poker rally, food & beverages, and an exclusive first look at the museum’s newest exhibit.
– Apparently loving bacon isn’t just something people talk about on the internet – Edmonton’s first BaconFest is on Friday, July 4, and the menu boasts everything from maple bacon donuts to bacon-flavoured beer.
Is there anything we missed? Super excited for one of these events? Let us know in the comments!